Never smile at a crocodile...
Well you definitely can't get friendly with a crocodile, but there are many great opportunities to get up close while you are in Darwin. We can suggest the best crocodile experience for you from a cruise on the Adelaide River to see jumping crocodiles, through to the more extreme "Cage of Death" at Crocosaurus Cove.
Some of our favourite tours and attractions we suggest include:
- Adelaide River Cruises - several options, we can assist with tour bookings
- Crocodylus Park - view crocodiles and other wildlife, including big cats, primates, birds and other reptiles
- Crocosaurus Cove - Crocs, fish and turtles abound, with the option of swimming up close in the "cage of death"
- Wetland Cruises on Corroboree Billabong
- Outback Floatplane Adventures - a once in a lifetime experience
- Fishing Tours - see the Tour Desk for our top recommendation
And while it's not exactly a wildlife cruise, why not relax and enjoy a spectacular sunset cruise in Darwin Harbour? We have several wonderful operators we can suggest. Of course, another iconic view is from the beach at Mindil Markets. Head over to our Local Markets & Shopping page to learn more.