A city bursting with history and culture
You may not know that Darwin has many excellent museums, art galleries and exhibits for you to explore and the added bonus is most of them offer air-conditioning to escape the heat. They are also a great indoor activity in the wet season.
Below is a list of the some of the most popular historic and cultural attractions in Darwin:
- The Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory - excellent Aboriginal art and Cyclone Tracy exhibits
- Defence of Darwin Experience and Darwin Military Museum - learn about Darwin's role in World War II
- Darwin Aviation Museum - a great display of historical planes and equipment
- Royal Flying Doctor Tourist Facility - enjoy the heroic tales of the birth and growth of the RFDS
- Fannie Bay Gaol - a historic gaol, which opened in 1883, is now a museum
- Parliament House - a beautiful building right in the centre of Darwin overlooking the foreshore
- George Brown Darwin Botanic Gardens - a tranquil oasis close to the CBD
- Waterfront Precinct - with everything from a wave pool to a selection of quality dining and shopping
We are more than happy to assist with further information at the Tour Desk at Reception, or drop by and pick up a brochure.