Mindil Markets are a "must-do" in Darwin
There's nothing like visiting the local markets to get a true feel for the place you are visiting. The favourite market in Darwin are the Mindil Beach Sunset Markets, which run from last Thursday in April to the last Thursday in October. During the Mindil season, the market runs on Thursday and Sunday from 4pm to 9pm.
But never fear, out of the season, we have year-round markets to explore, including:
- Parap Markets - Saturday mornings a great variety of street food and lots of locally grown fruit and vegetables
- Nightcliff Markets - Sunday mornings for an eclectic mixture of food and other items
- Rapid Creek Markets - Saturday and Sunday for great Asian street food and fresh vegetables
And don't forget, whenever there are festivals on, there are sure to be great food and beverage options nearby. Check our Events page out for more information.
If you need to catch up on grocery shopping or everyday needs, you have several great shopping centre options nearby.
Just 1 kilometre from the park on Whitewood Road (right next to the Tavern), we have a selection of handy shops at Howard Springs Shopping Centre, including:
- IGA Supermarket
- Medical Centre
- Post Office
- Veterinary Clinic
Or if you need a more extensive selection of shops, you have a choice of three larger shopping centres just over 7 kilometres from us:
- Coolalinga Central has K Mart, Coles, Chemist Warehouse, Mad Harrys, Tackleworld, along with McDonalds, Hungry Jacks and KFC and a Coles Express Service Station.
- Palmerston Shopping Centre has Target, Coles, Australia Post, Amcal Chemist, NewsXpress, 50 specialty stores, Medical Centre and a range of eateries.
- The brand new Gateway Shopping Centre has Woolworths, BIG W, Best & Less, Event Cinemas and much more.